Sunday 13 January 2013

The ‘ Trust’ Email - Story!






“Trust starts with truth and ends with truth.” 
 
Santosh Kalwar, Quote Me Everyday


Below is a very interesting email chain (Unedited – Just Names Removed). A close friend of mine forwarded this to me.

 _______________________________________________________________

From:
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 12:31 PM
Subject:
 Just a Thought
Importance:
 Low



From: 
Sent:
 Friday, May 18, 2012 12:33 PM
To:

Subject: RE: Just a Thought

Haan but its so difficult………………….it’s easier to say a white lie just to gain someone’s affection………….rather than speak the truth and risk their wrath.

From:
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 12:51 PM
To:
 
Subject: RE: Just a Thought

I personally feel that it’s better to risk the wrath than to stay under the illusion which would be  short lived.
 And anyways if you have to gain someone’s affection it has to be on merit.
The person has to accept you in totality, the way you are and not on false grounds.
The relationships on lie are short lived.

regards

From: 
Sent:
 Friday, May 18, 2012 1:59 PM
To:
Subject: RE: Just a Thought

Oh my god………….. totally agree on this with you since I suddenly recollect a lie I told a while ago…….
I had buried it deep into the recesses of my memory till your mail threw up the incident into the realms of  my consciousness.
.
Absolute proof of the outcome of a  small white lie………….
you will exhaust a lifetime trying to undo the indiscretion of a moment………
.
Last year in dec it was my nephew’s wedding and for one of the functions I wore a vilandi set ( piece of antique jewelry)………..albeit in artificial.
since to make one in real gold and kundan would take around 5 lakh and I could only  afford the one for 5 thousand.
.
One of the relatives ( extremely wealthy and arrogant)  complimented me on my outfit and good taste in jewelry
and gushed and oohed and aahed over the neckpiece
and said that her mum too has an identical one………….
I was still beaming and grinning like a fool under the unexpected shower when she …………..
wondered casually aloud  whether it is real.
I gulped and immediately agreed……………...
.
Somehow I didn’t have the guts to admit to all in public that I was wearing a fake one.
.
Later on spoke to my mil about it.
She said that I must only wear real stuff ( how so ever small or frequently worn it may be)  for family events………….
since it can be easily made out if it’s not authentic.
.
The ladies present there in all probability knew that I was wearing a fake one
and now I made a complete fool of myself by admitting to a white lie in public.
.
I should have spoken the truth…………sab ko to pata tha.
  
From: 
Sent:
 Friday, May 18, 2012 2:02 PM
To:
 
Subject:
 RE: Just a Thought

See………. That’s what I meant .. ………..
Not to hurt you further but this will always remain with you :-
.
one because you lied.
.
Two because now others also know that you lied
.
and three  with this small lie how much do you think people will be willing to depend on you.
.
From: 
Sent:
 Friday, May 18, 2012 2:05 PM
To:
Subject: RE: Just a Thought

Haan re…………..now I can’t even make eye contact with them.
Am actually dreading running into them during future function.

 __________________________________________________________________________

In social life we can plan an avoid people but in business or at work we can’t!

When it comes to business, all that ultimately matters is TRUST.

Building trust is all about the little things…..

No comments:

Post a Comment